Football changes for October 2018 installed
Changes have been installed for football, including some bug fixes, a new timeout strategy rule for the defense, and an adjustment to centers. See the News post in the forum for details.
Old U2Us now available
The old forum browser now supports your old U2U box. It is read-only like the rest of the browser, but you will have access to the messages at least. The old forum browser can be found here, and is now accessible under the Message Board menu option as well.
Update to old forums
The old forum browser now supports attachments and displays polls. In addition, if you have a highly formatted post you need to move to the new forum, there is a "View BBCode" link so you can view the post with the format codes intact, making for much easier copying. Finally, on the owner profile page, you can view all posts made by that owner.
The old forum browser can be found here.
Our support system has been flooded with over 7,000 spam tickets. Unfortunately there is no good way to clear them out en masse; I have to mark each one as Spam individually. This is going to be incredibly time consuming, and support may be delayed as a result. If you have a time critical issue please mark it as Urgent.
I have turned off the ability for non-logged in users to create a ticket, but this means if you are having login trouble you may not be able to create a ticket to report it. Hopefully this will be temporary until I can find a better solution.
Experimental access to the old forums available
We've created an experimental browser for the old forums. This is a very rudimentary browser: attachments won't be visible, polls won't be visible, links won't be clickable, many formatting commands may not display properly, and there is no Search function. But the majority of what you need to look at the old forums is in place. If you have any problems with it, please create a support ticket.
Changes for July 2018
The following changes will be active starting July 18:
- Premium League will have the option to skip overtime for preseason games.
- In overtime, both teams will get at least one possession unless the first team with possession scores a touchdown.
- Advanced rules or Fourth Down Situations rules that specify to "go for it" will now override the last second field goal rules. Previously, the last second field goal rules took precedence.
- Support has been added for 8, 12 and 20 team leagues, joining the existing 16, 24, and 32 team leagues.
- A Help link has been added to the Dynasty Vision display.
- The Rulebook is being updated to be laid out in a manner similar to the NFL Rulebook to make it easier to locate information.
Notes on Waive Priority
We have noticed that a few owners appear to be using Waive Priority in the opposite manner in which it is intended. The WP setting on your Roster page indicates the order in which you would prefer players to be waived, rather than just taking the lowest rated inactive player. However, I am seeing Waive Priorities set on highly rated active players, as if it were a "Waive Protection". This is not the case. If a player has a WP of 1 set, he will be auto-waived the next time your roster is out of compliance even if he is an active starter. For more information, see the Game Guide.
Trade Advice page fixed
The Trade Advice page has been fixed. Selecting Advice on a trade will now properly create an advice request on the forum.
Site Rules Updated
The Site Rules have been updated. Most of the changes are simple clarifications of existing rules, such as:
- The minimum age to play Sim Dynasty is 13 years old.
- Only one account is allowed per owner.
- Restrictions on profanity, personal attacks, etc. extend to all communications (team notes, trade notes, player names, etc.), not just forum posts.
There are a couple of genuine "new rules" but these are essentially extensions of existing rules:
- Being generally obnoxious is now against the rules. We had rules against attacking other players, profanity, or disrupting the league, but occasionally someone would work to find the exact spot where they could hover just out of range of these rules and still cause others grief.
- Although we allow multiple owners from the same IP address (family members, co-workers, etc.) within a league, we will no longer allow owners from related addresses to vote on each other's trades and we require that real-world relationships be disclosed in the league forum.
Please take a moment to read the site rules
as your coninued play represents your agreement to follow them.
Commishes: Log in for other owners
Commishes can now log in as owners of teams that are for sale. You will find a Log In link on the League Info page. Again, this has not been as rigorously tested as I normally like so you may run into pages that say you aren't the owner. If this happens, please create a support ticket
Join us on Facebook
Join your fellow owners in discussing Sim Dynasty, the NFL, and MLB on Facebook. We'll occasionally post special offers and giveaways exclusively for our Facebook fans, so please visit our Facebook page and click on "Like" to be one of the first to know and be eligible for prize giveaways such as free teams and T-Shirts!
New changes moved in for January 2014
New changes have been installed for football; the largest among these is a whole new strategy page for handling penalties.
Important change coming regarding the salary cap and roster limits
An important change is coming for March, 2014: Empty slots below 53 total players on your roster will cost 385 against your salary cap as if they had a player with one year of service.
Not receiving Sim Dynasty emails?
If you aren't receiving the verification email, or any other email from us, please see these notes that we put together on how to resolve this with various email services. Email Filters and White Lists